Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Searching For Ten Dollar Bill/Destiny

I know this will sound crazy. It is crazy. But it's true. Here goes: I met this girl last week in Sheep's Meadow (Central Park). I was playing Frisbee golf, and accidentally hit her in the head, while driving for an oak tree near the public restrooms.

I grabbed some ice from some nearby soda dude, and the next thing I know, we're throwing back a few glasses of wine, basking in the glow of a gorgeous New York City night and laughing like we were on the same mathlete team in highschool.

Well it gets better, or worse, depending on your opinion. My phone was out of juice, again. So she wrote her number on a ten dollar bill I found in my wallet.

I wake up the next morning and it's gone. Not the wallet, the tenspot. Turns out my double dunce roommate decided to "borrow" some money. Says I "owed him." Yep, he took the freaking bill and spent it.

So you see my dilema. I gotta find this girl, and to do so, I have to find the Ten Dollar Bill. PLEASE HELP. Check your wallets, your cash registers, your safes, everywhere. Someone has to have it. The number is written in glitter pen on the top left hand corner of the back of the bill. I wish I had a photographic memory. Please help.

Vernon Wingfield

2 comments:

jimmy.burgio said...

you didn't know her name?
Try missed connections on craigslist.

imetagirl said...

It was a rough night, I do know her name was Michele, with ONE L....(That really narrows it down?)

Oy...